Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at Fashion Fair
- In 2014, the center installed 3,708 solar panels that produce nearly 1.4 million kWh of power. That is enough energy saved to power 122 homes for one year!
- Fashion Fair has reduced its carbon footprint by 1,037 metric tons, equivalent to the greenhouse gas emissions from 222 cars for one year.
- Fashion Fair offers electric vehicle charging stations located by BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse.
- Our Security Staff uses Global Electric Motorcars and Segways instead of vehicles powered by gas.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- Trash compactors on property are taken to a facility that sorts out the recyclable materials.
- The center recycles cardboard and encourages our retailers to do the same.
- Contractors are also required to use trash containers that are taken to a facility that sorts out the recyclable materials.
- The center and its retailers recycle all used lighting.
Zero Contact Drive Thru E-Waste Recycling Event
Fashion Fair is proud to host this Zero Contact Drive Thru E-Waste Recycling event on Saturday Septe...